Saturday 6 February 2016

Beauty: Low Light Life

Hi everyone! 



Another beauty post for you all except this time instead of a coloured highlight I have chosen a darker. smudgier grungy inner corner. This way it creates the illusion of super smokey, intense dark eyes. It also makes the look super easy to do as the messier the better really. I take most of my inspiration from Jamie Genevieve off of Instagram and Youtube. She used to work for Illamasqua so knows all about that grunge smokey alternative eye. 

I think this look is equally important on light coloured eyes as the contrast from the dark shadows really helps to make them pop! Normally I would incorporate some shimmer into my lids but I wanted to step outside of my comfort zone and went for a completely neutral matte look. Now the key with matte shadows is take each step little by little. It is very easy to go wrong especially when you are working with both light and dark colours. Therefore little bit at a time with a cray load of blending should steer you down the makeup pathway to success. 







Base: Smashbox Primer Water
Primer: Becca Shimmering Perfecting in Opal 
Corrector: Bobbi Brown Serum Light Bisque
Concealer: Urban Decay Naked Skin in Fair
Foundation: Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder in shade 5
Contour: NYX contour palette
Powder: Bobbi Brown Brightening Brick in Porcelain
Bronzer: Bobbi Brown Golden Light
Blush: Princess Palette from Tarte
Highlight: Bobbi Brown Pink Shimmer Brick
Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wizz in Chocolate + Clear brow gel
MAC: Lip liner in Spice
Lipstick: Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Nude and Illamasqua Starkers
Shadows: Too Faced Natural Palette 
Liner: Gel Liner Bobbi Brown in Caviar 
Mascara: Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara
Lashes: Mink lashes Dainty Daisy
Face Mist: MAC fix +




Ensure with this look that you start at the outer corner of the eye then the inner corner but completely leave out the middle. This step should be done last using the lightest shade you have to complete the contrast between light and dark. I wore this look out last weekend and I loved how different it was without looking too stand out! This eye look is really great for any potential 'dates' sorry guys but it is love month with Valentines and all. It also pairs perfectly with a nude lip, as lets face it who wants to wear the brightest shade they own when you have so much food to eat on the 14th... 

Looking back at that makeup list, it still scares me to this day how much items I put on my face on a daily basis. Thank goodness for Sundays where I let my face run free and be naked! 

Have the most amazing week guys! 
See ya next time 
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Looking so pretty! I love the highlight and dramatic lashes! I wish i can get my lashes to look like that.

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete